Canadian Immigration Made Easy.

Learn more about 

How Do We Deal With Family Sponsorship?

Canadian citizens or permanent residents may sponsor certain close family members to immigrate to Canada. Among other things, a person is eligible as a sponsor if he or she is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, is at least 18 years of age and resides in Canada or intends to do so. Our office usually handles applications for sponsorship of spouses, common-law partner, conjugal partners and children.

Every year, many Canadians and Permanent Residents of Canada enter into relationships with foreigners that they meet through various means: the internet, on business trips, on vacations, through friends, introductions by relatives, arranged marriages and other means. Sometimes, the foreigner is living outside Canada or already in Canada. 

These relationships often begin as friendships (although not always) and end up developing into more serious relationships, leading to marriages or living together as common-law partners.

At some point, the couples begin discussions on where to live and may choose to live in Canada. They rush quickly to submit a sponsorship application for processing. Imagine the shock and emotional heartbreak when the application is refused months after the application was submitted! Unfortunately, many times, the reasons identified in the refusal letter could have been addressed. 

At Olalere Law Office, we can help you avoid many of the common pitfalls that lead to refusals of sponsorship applications so that you don't become one of the unfortunate statistics. If you do it on your own and you are refused, it can take anywhere from one year to two years to appeal your case causing further delays in reuniting with your loved ones. So, why take the chance?

Since 2004, immigration lawyers at Olalere Law Office have a strong track record of success in family sponsorship applications. In fact, from our personal experience of going through the spousal sponsorship process, we understand how important this is for you. We sponsored our spouses to Canada as permanent residents and they are now Canadian citizens.

Book  A Consultation Now
Call Us
Email Us

Drop Your Email

To stay up to date with Canadian Immigration


Thank you for subscribing to our newsletter.